Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/10/26 15:29:28 UTC

Certificates for our .o.o services

Hi.

Just information for those that do not follow infra discussions.

Infra is preparing to activate our openoffice certificate. I will be be
doing the work under the guidance of mark who knows what needs to be done.

It will be activated for all .o.o services, service by service.

A couple of the changes will require change of habit for our users, which I
why I give an early warning.

wiki.o.o and forum.o.o will change to https: meaning after the change it
will not be possible to do a login on http:. There will be an automatic
redirect similar to http://translate.apache.org ->
https://translate.apache.org

I will keep you informed and give a fair warning before the services are
interrupted.

rgds
jan I.

Re: Certificates for our .o.o services

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 26/10/2013 janI wrote:
> I am happy to announce that https://www.openoffice.org now works, thanks to
> fast work from mark.

Great, thanks.

> There is one issue, which we have to live with. If requesting
> https://www.openoffice.org, clicking on a link to either blogs or cwiki and
> then clicking on a link that goes back, it will be http://www... this needs
> to be corrected (if wanted) in cwiki/blogs.

It needn't be corrected. People who really want HTTPS will have browser
plugins to enforce this (we don't publish HTTPS links to the main site).
And for the rest, browsing the main site in HTTP is just fine, and the
scenario site -> cwiki -> site is not something we need to correct.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Certificates for our .o.o services

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/26/2013 07:01 PM, schrieb janI:
> On 26 October 2013 15:29, janI<ja...@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Just information for those that do not follow infra discussions.
>>
>> Infra is preparing to activate our openoffice certificate. I will be be
>> doing the work under the guidance of mark who knows what needs to be done.
>>
>> It will be activated for all .o.o services, service by service.
>>
>> A couple of the changes will require change of habit for our users, which
>> I why I give an early warning.
>>
>> wiki.o.o and forum.o.o will change to https: meaning after the change it
>> will not be possible to do a login on http:. There will be an automatic
>> redirect similar to http://translate.apache.org ->
>> https://translate.apache.org
>>
>> I will keep you informed and give a fair warning before the services are
>> interrupted.
>>

> Sometimes things go fast.
>
> I am happy to announce that https://www.openoffice.org now works, thanks to
> fast work from mark.
>
> There is one issue, which we have to live with. If requesting
> https://www.openoffice.org, clicking on a link to either blogs or cwiki and
> then clicking on a link that goes back, it will be http://www... this needs
> to be corrected (if wanted) in cwiki/blogs. We have chosen not to redirect
> all traffic to https: for this service.
>
> Test work is continuing on wiki and forum.

Thats great news. :-)

A wildcard certificate is not daily business for Apache - I assume. So,
solving this task is very much appreciated. Thanks to Jan and Mark and
everybody who made this possible.

Marcus

Re: Certificates for our .o.o services

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 26 October 2013 15:29, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Just information for those that do not follow infra discussions.
>
> Infra is preparing to activate our openoffice certificate. I will be be
> doing the work under the guidance of mark who knows what needs to be done.
>
> It will be activated for all .o.o services, service by service.
>
> A couple of the changes will require change of habit for our users, which
> I why I give an early warning.
>
> wiki.o.o and forum.o.o will change to https: meaning after the change it
> will not be possible to do a login on http:. There will be an automatic
> redirect similar to http://translate.apache.org ->
> https://translate.apache.org
>
> I will keep you informed and give a fair warning before the services are
> interrupted.

Sometimes things go fast.

I am happy to announce that https://www.openoffice.org now works, thanks to
fast work from mark.

There is one issue, which we have to live with. If requesting
https://www.openoffice.org, clicking on a link to either blogs or cwiki and
then clicking on a link that goes back, it will be http://www... this needs
to be corrected (if wanted) in cwiki/blogs. We have chosen not to redirect
all traffic to https: for this service.

Test work is continuing on wiki and forum.

on behalf of infra
jan I.