Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/04/06 21:00:02 UTC

Re: mod_proxy/282: Currerntly netscape proxy loses environment variables after client passes thru proxy

The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/282; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: Rebel Thompson <rt...@mail.aia.af.mil>
Subject: Re: mod_proxy/282: Currerntly netscape proxy loses environment variables after client passes thru proxy
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 12:46:16 -0600 (MDT)

 I don't understand what you are asking or what the problem is.
 Environment variables are not part of the HTTP spec and are used locally
 by CGIs.  If you are talking about the remote server, then to the remote
 server it appears like the request is coming from the proxy.