Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alvin Randolph <a....@worldnet.att.net> on 2004/07/01 13:24:25 UTC

Problems Starting Tomcat

Hello;
Whenever I click the "Start Tomcat" all I get is a flash of the
Tomcat icon. When I click any of the links "Tomcat Administration"
or "Welcome", I get a panel requesting the User name & Password
before connecting me to http://127.0.0.1:8080/ADMIN/.......
After 3 tries, I get the "Unauthorized" panel. I am using
memoryrealm so the manager can use Tomcat-user.xml to validate
the username & password. There are no error messages in the
"Logs" folder. What did I do wrong?

                                            Thanks,
                                            Alvin Randolph

Re: Problems Starting Tomcat

Posted by "alu, artifex" <ap...@artifex.co.at>.
check if tomcat is already running as a system service, if it is it
won't recognize changes to the tomcat-users.xml
until you stop and restart the service.

also you could try inserting a "pause" statement at the end of tomcat's
startup.bat file to see tomcats console output
which, most likley, will contain an error message.

art