Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sam Fuqua <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 20:03:20 UTC

Page breaks with DOM source

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bit more of an xsl question or not, but I need
help.  I'm using fop with a DOMSource input.  The way the DOMSource is put
together is by fetching xml, transforming it to fo, then appending each
artifact to the fo:flow node of the main document and when I finish looping
I turn that over to fop and it spits back a pdf.  However, in my xsl, I use
a test to see if it the last page so I know whether or not to add a
pagebreak.  Since each artifact is processed separately, they never put page
breaks.  Is there any way to test this in the fo?  I apologize in advance if
this is a stupid question.

--
Sam Fuqua
ΣΝ ΘΗ 454

RE: Page breaks with DOM source

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.
I'm not sure I follow what you're after. Do you want a pagebreak after each artifact (whatever that is), or do you want a pagebreak at the end of the document? If it's the former, putting each artifact in its own page-sequence is probably the easiest way to do it.

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk