Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by benjamin van der veen <bv...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/20 18:25:30 UTC

commandButton action not invoked

Hello,

I have a very strange problem. I've made a form with a few input
fields and a commandButton to submit it. However, the method reference
in the 'action' attribute is not being called. I have several other
forms in my application that work fine and I can see no syntactic
difference, so I haven't included the code. I know I'm not being very
specific, but I am wondering if this has happened to anyone--action
methods simplying not being called for no apparent reason--and what
you did to fix it.

Thanks a lot,
benjamin

Re: commandButton action not invoked

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
neiljain wrote:
> I had a similar problem where I was using tiles and myfaces. I had two forms
> enclosed in f:subview and I realized I did not have the f:view tag in my
> template. Even though my form was rendered, it never invoked the action
> method.  What might have fixed your problem is adding the enclosing <f:view>
> tag.

f:view nested within another f:view also causes the action methods to
never be invoked.

It would be a nice feature if MyFaces put some warnings in the logs when
these types of situations happened.

--
Dave Brondsema
Software Developer

Re: commandButton action not invoked

Posted by neiljain <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I had a similar problem where I was using tiles and myfaces. I had two forms
enclosed in f:subview and I realized I did not have the f:view tag in my
template. Even though my form was rendered, it never invoked the action
method.  What might have fixed your problem is adding the enclosing <f:view>
tag.
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.