Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/30 23:14:20 UTC

Any reason not to delete Jakarta Struts web site?

Folks,

The old Struts web site within the Jakarta site is still hanging
around. We've been redirecting from there to our struts.a.o site for
quite some time now, so I think we should be able to zap the old one.
Just wanted to ping the list to see if anyone knows of anything we
need to save from it. If I don't hear anything in a couple of days,
I'll zap it.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Any reason not to delete Jakarta Struts web site?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 8:44 AM -0800 12/31/04, Martin Cooper wrote:
>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:48:21 -0600, Joe Germuska <Jo...@germuska.com> wrote:
>>  At 2:14 PM -0800 12/30/04, Martin Cooper wrote:
>>  >Folks,
>>  >
>>  >The old Struts web site within the Jakarta site is still hanging
>>  >around. We've been redirecting from there to our struts.a.o site for
>>  >quite some time now, so I think we should be able to zap the old one.
>>  >Just wanted to ping the list to see if anyone knows of anything we
>>  >need to save from it. If I don't hear anything in a couple of days,
>>  >I'll zap it.
>>
>>  Hm.  I just hit an error when an older Struts config referencing
>  > http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd
>>  encountered your changes.
>>
>>  Maybe we should restore that.  This was an alternate webapp in a
>>  container I restarted which I didn't even touch -- kind of a rude
>>  surprise, but at least it was on a development server.
>
>It turned out that there was a problem with the match rule in the
>.htaccess file. I've fixed that now - or at least I think I have.

I was just able to download the DTD from that URL (redirected to the
current site), so looks good...
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/tiles-config_1_1.dtd also works.

Thanks
	Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: Any reason not to delete Jakarta Struts web site?

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:22:54 -0500, James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Are you saying, zap the site, but not the redirect, or zap both?

I mean zap the content of the Jakarta site, since it can't be reached
any more, but leave the redirect (for a while, at least). Actually, it
looks like Hen zapped the content already...

--
Martin Cooper