Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/09/18 19:54:21 UTC

Java Browser

I was playing around with the Alpha release of the HotJava
browser this weekend. It seems that the current release of this
code requires a recognizable extension on image files. In
directories that I am depending on Multiviews to server the
correct file, and thus have not added the extension to the file
reference, the browser will serve a broken image.

This thing is far from being publically consumable. Hopefully they will
rethink this.  Any file referenced with an "http:" seemed to be
fine without an extension as long as it was not an image....