Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu> on 2018/01/03 19:26:43 UTC

2.0 C++ release imminent

I'll probably call for a vote in a couple of weeks as I've finished up work on the 2.0 release of the library. This release will support OpenSSL 1.1 (it still supports the older API also, for now). It requires Xerces 3.2.

There are a number of mostly minor API changes because it's a major update so there are some incompatibilities, though I don't think most applications will notice them. Principally there were a number of old enumerations of algorithms of various kinds that have either been removed or made internal to the library so they aren't used in any public APIs. A few other deprecated bits are gone.

I've added some additional test coverage for more algorithms and all tests are passing, including the NSS and WinCAPI code that is being deprecated.

 The Windows build files are bit of a mess because they're basically geared to my project's needs right now, and I don't know that I'll have time to really do much about it, but I'll see.

Any testing would be helpful of course. The code is on the svn trunk. I'll get a release candidate built soon.

-- Scott

Re: 2.0 C++ release imminent

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Sounds good, thanks Scott!