Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2007/01/30 04:21:52 UTC

"xml" query parser, except with JSON

I'm curious, Mark, what you think about the XMLQueryParser being
morphed into a JSON query parser.  Is it possible to introduce a new
serialization format without rewriting the whole parser?  Or is it
intimately tied to XML throughout?

Solr could really benefit from allowing queries to be pushed down to
the client.  XML works, for sure, but I have a feeling Yonik's JSON
parser would be faster than an XML parser.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
	Erik

RE: "xml" query parser, except with JSON

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.
Sorry for [off-topic], of course, JSON is much faster than XML in so many
cases... However, technical progress (in general) is faster than JSON, and
we are going to have hardware-based solutions for generic
'transformation'...

XSLT can transform XML to JSON, and JSON to XML. It is even faster than
ECMA-262.