Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/12/14 12:18:50 UTC

Re: Task proxies

On 14 Dec 2001, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> What I've been trying ATM:
>
> * Project keeps track of all tasks that have been created for a
> given taskname.
>
> * If the definition of that taskname changes, tell all the tasks
> that they are no longer valid
>
> * Make invalidated tasks replace themselves with UnknownElements,
> which in turn would create the correct task instances when
> maybeConfigure gets called.
>
> this is clumsy, I know.

and I've put it into CVS anyway, just to have a quick fix of the
problem in place.

This one still won't work for user defined tasks that support nested
child elements, but the hassle would be too big IMHO, I'd prefer to
rework our current implementation to use proxies that are converted to
the actual task objects at the latest time possible.

Should this be added to the Ant 1.9 list?

Stefan