Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick Tkach <nt...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/10 20:09:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Less than MinSpareServers Active?

I'm just wondering, is it wrong/bad/unusual for Apache (specifically
2.2.3 with prefork mpm) to allow the number of idle/spare servers to
drop below the MinSpareServers setting?  It doesn't seem to be an
issue, but we're specifically setting:

MinSpareServers  5

In its config file, but if I look at the mod_status page it has
insisted that there are only 4 idle for the last 2 hours or so.  It's
under very light load at the moment if that matters (as in 1 request
active).  It's on a REHL 5.3 x86)_64 if that matters.