Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Tech Id <te...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/12 03:36:08 UTC

How does Storm's OutputCollector work?

Hi,

Can someone help provide a better understanding of Storm's OutputCollector?
A question for the same can be found at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39439336/how-does-storms-outputcollector-work

Thanks,
T.I.

Re: How does Storm's OutputCollector work?

Posted by Tech Id <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Manu, Those pointers are of great help.

Can you also help with
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39456590/is-nimbus-host-a-valid-option-in-storm-1-0-2-version
?

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Sorry I have been a bit slow in responding to e-mail lately.  The master branch is in the process of moving the code to java.  The ultimate plan is to only leave a storm-clojure package in clojure that provides the current clojure client/worker API for storm.  When will it be released, well that depends on a lot of things, mostly on when we finish the migration.  - Bobby

Re: Clojure to Java Migration (was: How does Storm's OutputCollector work?)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
> On Sep 12, 2016, at 3:26 PM, S G <sg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just curious, how much of the code-base is planned to be moved away from
> clojure to Java?

Ultimately all the Clojure code will move to Java. The initial focus is to get the main (i.e. non-test) code converted before migrating the unit test code.

> When do we plan to make a release for the Java-based code?

There is no specific date set, so the release will happen once the conversion is complete, blocker bugs resolved, etc. I imagine we could release before the test code is migrated.

-Taylor

Posted by S G <sg...@gmail.com>.
Thx Bobby,

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.