Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/02 15:03:32 UTC

[solr 4.4.0] SPLITSHARD and core autodiscovery

Hello list,

I was wondering, if what I see with the split shard a correct behaviour or
is something wrong.

Following this article:

http://searchhub.org/2013/06/19/shard-splitting-in-solrcloud/

I have issued a low-level core split query:

http://localhost:8982/solr/admin/cores?core=core1&action=SPLIT&path=multicore/core11&path=multicore/core12

which has completed successfully. Two new index directories got created
under example/multicore directory.

What didn't happen is core autodiscovery.  That is, the dashboard page
still shows the original core core1.

Is this expected or a bug?

On a separate note: after splitting a core to two new cores, how does the
search routing work in the non SolrCloud mode environment? Is this taken
care of by Solr (via the original core) or is client side task?

Thanks,

Dmitry

Re: [solr 4.4.0] SPLITSHARD and core autodiscovery

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ali,

That is fine, I could do that (probably even by calling some serlvet end
point similar to unload core functionality in the admin). But another
question that arises is how to provision the new cores without restarting
the solr instance?

Posted by "Ali, Saqib" <do...@gmail.com>.
Dmitry,