Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/02/09 22:03:40 UTC

[mp2] moving t/conf/perlsection.conf elsewhere?

Philippe,

Can t/conf/perlsection.conf be moved elsewhere?
#Handle re-entrant <Perl> sections
<Perl >
$Include = "@ServerRoot@/conf/perlsection.conf";
</Perl>

the problem with .conf files is that the are usually autogenerated, and when
config fails sometimes one needs to nuke them manually. Usually t/conf/*.conf
does the trick. But now since you added this file, it not longer works as it
nukes a static file. How about autogenerating it in that perl section above?

Re: [mp2] moving t/conf/perlsection.conf elsewhere?

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>.
On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 13:23 -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 16:07 -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
> >>perlsection.conf.in would work - even though it contains no variable
> >>substitution, it would keep all the conf files together and solve your issue
> >> as well.
>
> No. if you do that Apache-Test will 'Include' that file, which is not what we
> want. Notice that Philippe already Includes from another file.
>
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> > Yes, but I think it makes a bit more sense to autogenerate it from the
> > test itself somewhere under t/ but outside of t/conf.
>
> why not keeping it where it is, but autogenerate it from that <Perl> section
> you include it from?

Sure thing, sounds clean and simple indeed.

$> cvs up

> > If that's cool with everyone, I'll change it shortly.

Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
perl -e'$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'

Re: [mp2] moving t/conf/perlsection.conf elsewhere?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>.
On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 16:07 -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
> > Philippe,
> >
> > Can t/conf/perlsection.conf be moved elsewhere?
> > #Handle re-entrant <Perl> sections
> > <Perl >
> > $Include = "@ServerRoot@/conf/perlsection.conf";
> > </Perl>
> >
> > the problem with .conf files is that the are usually autogenerated, and
> > when config fails sometimes one needs to nuke them manually. Usually
> > t/conf/*.conf does the trick. But now since you added this file, it not
> > longer works as it nukes a static file. How about autogenerating it in
> > that perl section above?

Yes, I got bugged by that one more than once already.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.