Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Manuel Lenz <Lz...@viessmann.com> on 2003/04/17 11:03:24 UTC

Validating fales - Error is not returned on jsp

Hi,
I do have an action class that returns a list of orders.
The action class calls an jsp-page after reading the existing orders.
On the same jsp-page a formular is defined where one order can be modified.
By clicking the "submit"-Button the "Order_Form"-Bean validates the fields.
If an field is empty, the errors-object is filled with an message form the
ApplicationResourceProperties-File.
But the message is not returned on the jsp-File. Only 1/3 of the jsp-file
is displayed.

Of course there is an tag like: <html:errors /> on the jsp-page.
Why don´t I get the message?

Greetings,
 Manuel Lenz

Re: Validating fales - Error is not returned on jsp

Posted by Dirk Markert <po...@gmx.de>.
Hello Manuel,

there must be an exception when your html page is created. Either an
entry in your ressource file is missing or misspelled.

Thursday, April 17, 2003, 11:03:24 AM, you wrote:

ML> Hi,
ML> I do have an action class that returns a list of orders.
ML> The action class calls an jsp-page after reading the existing orders.
ML> On the same jsp-page a formular is defined where one order can be modified.
ML> By clicking the "submit"-Button the "Order_Form"-Bean validates the fields.
ML> If an field is empty, the errors-object is filled with an message form the
ML> ApplicationResourceProperties-File.
ML> But the message is not returned on the jsp-File. Only 1/3 of the jsp-file
ML> is displayed.

ML> Of course there is an tag like: <html:errors /> on the jsp-page.
ML> Why don´t I get the message?

ML> Greetings,
ML>  Manuel Lenz

Best regards,