Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/06/11 03:56:50 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "srm.conf-dist has invalid Meta* lines" on Linux (fwd)

Brian,

Could you please uncomment the couple of lines from our disterbution, of 1.1b3.
People must have had a boring day I got a couple of these.

<Aram>

> Aram,
>
> I just checked the Apache 1.1b3 distribution I received.
> File srm.conf-dist (dated May 27 18:45, 6912 bytes) has this:
>

> # MetaDir: specifies the name of the directory in which Apache can find
> # meta information files. These files contain additional HTTP headers
> # to include when sending the document
>
> MetaDir .web
>
> # MetaSuffix: specifies the file name suffix for the file containing the
> # meta information.
>
> MetaSuffix .meta
>

> As you can see, both statements are NOT commented out.
> I have no interest in using the appropriate module and they should be
> commented out.
> - Dan
>

> On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:
> >

> Dan Anderson, dan@bluebird.com, +1-619-438-2220 x354 (FAX +1-619-438-4560)
> Bluebird Systems, 5900 La Place Court, Carlsbad, CA 92008-8806, USA

- --
Aram Mirzadeh					awm@qosina.com
Apache httpd team member			awm@apache.org

       An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.
           Welcome to the next Generation: LINUX

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "srm.conf-dist has invalid Meta* lines" on Linux (fwd)

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
Ugh.  Silliness.

I'll fix this for our next release, but I do *not* think it merits a b4
release.  We can put something on the web site about this to warn folks,
but my guess is that most people will be simply dropping in the newly
built httpd into existing conf files.  That's no excuse for this, but
again, it's not like it's a security hole or anything.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "srm.conf-dist has invalid Meta* lines" on Linux (fwd)

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On a similar note - would anyone mind if, similar to our virtualhost
documentroot quandry, our default for unrecognized config file directives
was a warning to stdout and not a process abort?

	Brian