Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> on 2012/02/24 15:46:18 UTC

[MENTOR] copyright questions

Hi,

You may send me to legal-discuss but I thought I'd start here since I kind
of got lost in the legal discussion on legal-discuss.

I'm in the process of fixing a few remaining issues with copyrights in the
modules directory (compiler).

1)  Many of the programs print out a one-line copyright like

Adobe Flex Compiler (mxmlc)
Version 4.6.0 build 0
Copyright (c) 2004-2011 Adobe Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

I couldn't find the equivalent in the Apache license information but I did
find in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-124 the suggestion of
"Copyright (C) 2012 The Apache Software Foundation. Subject to Apache
License 2.0.".

What do you suggest I use?

2)  We have some Batik files which are under Apache license which we
modified.  Do we add/modify the license to indicate the code has been
modified and if so how?

3)  We have some old unmodified Apache sources which have an older Apache
license (not 2.0).  Do we have to do anything with that?

Carol

Re: [MENTOR] copyright questions

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Michael A. Labriola
<la...@digitalprimates.net> wrote:
> I have a very similar question with the FlexUnit contribution, so any advice is appreciated. Carol, if you do end up getting an off-list answer, can you forward it my way?

Did you pose your question to the list? I may have missed it. If not,
please do, I might know the answer.

Greg

Re: [MENTOR] copyright questions

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
Entered https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-127 which from what I
could figure out was the proper way to get legal help.

Carol

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.