Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by pankaj jairath <pj...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/07/13 10:22:15 UTC

Need clarification - external entity support

Hello,

I am using xerces-J 2.8.x version, and wanted to check whether the
following properties are supported (are processed and exception is not
thrown !)-

a. external-general-entities
b. external-parameter-entities

Is there a way to set them as JVM properties and these would get picked
up by the parser upon creation/initialization or is programmatic the
only way ?. Also, is it correct that inorder to turn them 'off',
/validtion /also needs to turned off ?

regards
Pankaj

Re: Need clarification - external entity support

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Yes. They provide essentially the same interface.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

pankaj jairath <pj...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote on 07/13/2009 07:32:47 AM:

> Hello Michael,
>
> Thanks for your response. A follow-up - I am not using JAXP; so in that
> case I suppose I should be able to do this directly over SAXParser
> itself; correct ?
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj
>
> Michael Glavassevich wrote:
> >
> > Hello Pankaj,
> >
> > They must be set programmatically. See the website [1] for more
details.

> > Thanks.
> >
> > [1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html
> >
> > Michael Glavassevich