Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2016/05/05 17:23:34 UTC

regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter

Hi all,

the regex for series_filter is currently set to

((^Sample1)|(^Sample2))(-success|-failure)?

in the user.properties file.

The regex could be written a bit shorter as

^Sample[12](-success|-failure)?

But there are still a few things to consider.

1. I don't think that we are interested in the captured groups and
could tell the regex engine that by using (?:...) instead of (...).

2. The ^ in front of Sample1 makes it look like the regex would be used
as "find", as there is no $ to indicate the end of a line.

3. The ? after the last group indicates that the results could be one
of
 + Sample1
 + Sample1-success
 + Sample1-failure
 + Sample2...
 Is this true? Or is just ...-success and ...-failure? In that case
the ? at the end of the regex should be removed.

Regards,
Felix

Re: regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 3:13 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 May 2016 at 13:42, Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> "find"

> >> regex.

> test?

> >> I mean that creating regexes can be hard.

> BackendListener,

> >> In which case use names which are more representative, rather than
> >> ones which happen to be easy to write regexes for.

> by

> >> But we still get quite a few questions on them.

> >> If you are referring to the "samplersList" variable in BackendListener
> >> then using it as a regex is *optional*
> >>
> >> Also the field is one the GUI, so each test can have its own config
> >> (or even multiple ones in a single test)

> >> manage
> >>
> >> But if the regex need to be changed for each test then having it in
> >> ^[jmeter|user]\.properties$ is not very convenient.
> >>

> > We can in next version create a Test Element called ReportConfiguration
> > that will hold the values that are in  ^[jmeter|user]\.properties$ for
> now.
> >

> >> I've also just noticed that the property appears in both
> >> jmeter.properties and user.properties.
> >>

> > Having them in jmeter.properties is required for IOC.
>
> That's not true.
> They could be in any file.

Currently no.
Of course it could be.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Felix Schumacher <

> Am 5. Mai 2016 20:17:37 MESZ, schrieb Philippe Mouawad <
> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>:
> >Hi Felix,
> >
> >1. true
> >2. I don't understand the problem , can you clarify for me ?
>
> ^ indicates start of line (String in our case). But the code does a match,
> so that is implicit. But if I see a ^ I think the regex will do a "find"
> instead of a "match".
>
> So as a result I think we should remove the ^.
>

> >3. Yes we want to trap:
> >- Sample1
> >- Sample1-success
> >- Sample1-failure
> >- Sample2
> >- Sample2-success
> >- Sample2-failure
> >
> >Ideally not Sample2XXX-success.
>
> And not Sample123?

No

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 5. Mai 2016 20:17:37 MESZ, schrieb Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>:
>Hi Felix,
>
>1. true
>2. I don't understand the problem , can you clarify for me ?

^ indicates start of line (String in our case). But the code does a match, so that is implicit. But if I see a ^ I think the regex will do a "find" instead of a "match".

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,

--
Cordialement.