Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com> on 2006/02/07 23:36:43 UTC

properties files

I know that we should use the resources directory to store properties
files, but to ease our platform build changes, I'd like to leave
properties files in the java source directory.  It looks like the jar
plugin moves xml files over.  Is there a way to force properties files
as well?

Thanks,
-Kevin

Re: properties files

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.
Try:

<build>
   <resources>
     <resource>
       <directory>${build.sourceDirectory}</directory>
       <includes>
         <include>**/*.properties</include>
       </includes>
     </resource>
   </resources>
</build>

...and if you wanted to do the same thing for test-resources, you'd have
an additional section of the form
<testResources>[<testResource/>]+</testResources> in your build section.

-john