Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Kevin Verhoeven <Ke...@ds-iq.com> on 2016/12/21 23:18:14 UTC

Remote Processor Group error: Unable to communicate with remote NiFi cluster

I am running a cluster of twelve nodes on four VMs, each node runs on a different port. This configuration worked great on version 0.7. However, after an update from 0.7 to 1.0 we started seeing errors and flowfiles stopped moving into the Remote Processor Group. We are using the Remote Processor Group to send flowfiles, generated on the Primary Node, back into the same cluster but distributed among the other nodes.

The error we see on the Remote Processor Group:

Unable to refresh Remote Group’s peers due to Unable to communicate with remote NiFi cluster in order to determine which nodes exist in the remote cluster.

When I attempt to change the Remote Processor I see the following error:

Unable to find remote process group with id '87f96bb0-0158-1000-ffff-ffffc65b55ce'.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: Remote Processor Group error: Unable to communicate with remote NiFi cluster

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevin,

I hope the latest version would solve your problems.

Just a thought, I wonder if there's any round robin stuff is going on
behind the DNS.. It could produce intermittently failure.

Please let us know if the issue persists after update.

Thanks,
Koji

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hello Kevin,