Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/01 03:48:24 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.4.1

Let's start to roll thirdparty 1.0.3 and ratis 2.4.1 releases.  Does anyone
like to be the release manager?

Tsz-Wo

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.4.1

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maksim,

Thanks a lot for using Apache Ratis and Ozone!

Unfortunately, the Apache policy requires committers to serve as a release
manager; sorry about that.
- https://infra.apache.org/release-publishing.html#releasemanager

Tsz-Wo

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.4.1

Posted by Maksim Myskov <ma...@myskov.name>.
Hi Apache Ratis devs,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.4.1

Posted by William Song <sz...@163.com>.
Thanks for Yaolong and Tsz-Wo for working on 2.4.1! I checked Jira and git commits again and everything looks great. We can start launching the release.

Thank you again on behalf of IoTDB community. Hope all the best!

Warm Regards,
William

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.4.1

Posted by Yaolong Liu <ly...@163.com>.

Thanks a lot to Tsz-Wo for helping create branch-2_tmp branch, already refer to it and cherry-pick part of pull request to branch-2.

All JIRAs proposed on the mailing list have now been merged into branch-2.

William, could you help check the brnach-2 to see if there are other JIRAs that Iotdb needs. Thank you in advance!

If all goes well, I hope close this discussion and launch a 2.4.1 release tomorrow.

-Yaolong

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.4.1

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Just have compared branch-2 with the master branch.  I suggest to merge the
following JIRAs:

RATIS-1340. Discovery of Bash source path is incompatible with CDPATH.
(#772)
RATIS-1727. Rename GrpcConfigKeys hearbeatChannel 'useCached' to
'useSeparate' (#767)
RATIS-1157. Buffer packets when the size of packets are too small. (#748)
RATIS-1725. Update github actions for node16 (#764)
RATIS-1714. Support unordered async read. (#755)
RATIS-1651. Fix NP_NULL_PARAM_DEREF in GrpcServerProtocolService (#761)
RATIS-1658. Prepare unit check for running some tests repeatedly (#704)
RATIS-1647. Fix EI_EXPOSE_REP in DataStreamRequest implementations (#716)
RATIS-1698. Add unit-test of listener related to leaderElection (#737)
RATIS-1702. Make listener reject leader election (#739)

Some of them have minor conflicts.  The others can be merged cleanly.
See https://github.com/apache/ratis/commits/branch-2_tmp

Tsz-Wo

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.4.1

Posted by William Song <sz...@163.com>.