Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Gary Bello <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/05 23:27:12 UTC

netbeans launchers source code location

Have noticed for some time that nb9, nb10, nb11 consider each version the
same when trying to run  one instance of nb9, nb10, or nb11 at same time.

In other words.
when running nb9 cannot run nb10 or nb11
when running nb10 cannot run nb9 or nb11
when running nb11 cannot run nb9 or nb10;

For all prior versions of netbeans from nb4.1 to nb8.2 can run different
versions of netbeans at same time - and I have done so many times for
various reasons.

Wondering where the source code that causes this behavior is located ?

I can run nb82 and nb9 or nb10 or nb11 at same time.

Thanks
-Gary

Re: netbeans launchers source code location

Posted by Gary Bello <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the location info.

When netbeans refused to start there is no popup or error msg seen.
It seems that any errors detected/reported by netbeans launcher do not
appear in the netbeans log,
ie S:\Sun\nb\userdir\9.0\var\log\messages.log

Anyone know if there is a logfile that can be examined that is used by the
launcher ?

Thanks
-Gary

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Bello <ga...@gmail.com>.
I am using the incubator netbeans release versions.
each has etc/netbeans.conf configured with its own user dir, and cache dirs
- all different

i am running windows 10 64 bit,;

yes - i do build from source - but these were downloaded apache release
versions.

anyone with multiple versions of netbeans can also run the test - just try
to get 1 of each version running at same time.

Thanks
-Gary

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.