Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sebastian Bauer <ad...@ugame.net.pl> on 2011/11/17 11:24:07 UTC

Connection to two difference versions

Hi. Is there any way to connect to two difference hbase versions?
I try copytable mapreduce and i got:

11/11/17 11:19:28 WARN
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: RemoteException
connecting to RS
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
org.apache.hadoop.io.VersionMismatchException
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.call(HBaseClient.java:881)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(WritableRpcEngine.java:149)
         at $Proxy7.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine.getProxy(WritableRpcEngine.java:182)
         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:295)
         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:272)
         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:324)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.waitForProxy(HBaseRPC.java:228)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getHRegionConnection(HConnectionManager.java:1197)

--

Pozdrawiam
Sebastian Bauer

Re: Connection to two difference versions

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Short answer no, not from java. You have a class loader problem which may make it difficult to instantiate a connection and HBase objects in the second instance.

Longer answer... Let me think about it...

Of course having said that... I'm sure someone already has done this...

Mike Segel