Posted to user@spark.apache.org by poiuytrez <gu...@databerries.com> on 2014/10/17 11:00:39 UTC

Re: MLlib linking error Mac OS X

Hello MLnick,

Have you found a solution on how to install MLlib for Mac OS ? I have also
some trouble to install the dependencies.

Best,
poiuytrez

Re: MLlib linking error Mac OS X

Posted by Evan Sparks <ev...@gmail.com>.
MLlib relies on breeze for much of its linear algebra, which in turn relies on netlib-java. netlib-java will attempt to load a native BLAS at runtime and then attempt to load it's own precompiled version. Failing that, it will default back to a Java version that it has built in. The Java version can be about as fast as a native version for certain operations that are tricky to optimize (like vector dot products), but MUCH slower for things like matrix/matrix multiply. Luckily - the code will still work without the native libraries installed, it will just be slower in some situations. So, you can safely ignore the warnings if all you care about is correctness.

The MLlib docs (https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/mllib-guide.html) provide guidance about how to link against the native libraries in your application - this will make the warning messages go away and might speed up your program.

- Evan

Posted by poiuytrez <gu...@databerries.com>.
This is my error:
14/10/17 10:24:56 WARN BLAS: Failed to load implementation from:
com.github.fommil.netlib.NativeSystemBLAS
14/10/17 10:24:56 WARN BLAS: Failed to load implementation from:
com.github.fommil.netlib.NativeRefBLAS

However, it seems to work. What does it means?

Re: MLlib linking error Mac OS X

Posted by Xiangrui Meng <me...@gmail.com>.
Could you post the error message? -Xiangrui