Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu> on 2002/10/01 17:40:53 UTC

DOM3 still in org.apache.xerces.dom3?

I noticed that the latest 2.2 release of Xerces doe snot include the
experimental DOM3 interfaces by default. I just wanted to verify that
if you build them from CVS, they still end up in the
org.apache.xerces hierarchy and not org.w3c.dom using some funky Ant
replacement trick or some such. I'm in the final edits of Processing
XML with Java this week, and I need to verify the most bleeding edge
parts, of which this is one. :-)

Re: DOM3 still in org.apache.xerces.dom3?

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Elliotte,

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> I noticed that the latest 2.2 release of Xerces does not include the
> experimental DOM3 interfaces by default. I just wanted to verify that
> if you build them from CVS, they still end up in the
> org.apache.xerces hierarchy and not org.w3c.dom using some funky Ant
> replacement trick or some such.

In the default distribution Xerces does not include DOM Level 3 core
interfaces in the org.w3c.dom package: only DOM Level 2 interfaces are
placed there.
The new interfaces from DOM Level 3 Core are located in
org.apache.xerces.dom3 package and Xerces DOM implementation uses those
ones.

Note: DOM Level 3 Load and Save interfaces (with some modifications) are
located in the org.w3c.dom.ls.

Hope it answers your question,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto