Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Robert Hicks <ro...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/14 17:25:33 UTC

Tomee and manager app using federation

Does the manager app only use username/password to get into it. Or can
something like Apache CXF plugin for Federation (using SAML) to access the
manager app?

Robert

Re: Tomee and manager app using federation

Posted by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <ex...@gmail.com>.
TomEE is based on Tomcat, and Tomcat has pluggable authentication via
configuration or custom Valves, so yes it's absolutely possible. I'm not
100% positive a SAML valve exists for Tomcat, but it seems common enough
I'm sure someone has done it before.

--
Jonathan | exabrial@gmail.com
Pessimists, see a jar as half empty. Optimists, in contrast, see it as half