Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 09:45:57 UTC

Re: Brush up Harmony pages

Sveta,

I've applied your patch. It really makes the pages better looking. Thanks.

But I got two concerns about Cruise control testing description page [1]:
1. It does not have it's own title. Now the title is: "Apache Harmony
- Apache Harmony". I suggest "Apache Harmony - Build-test framework".
If no one objects I'll change the title.
2. Here is the "Prerequisites" chapter of the page:
=== cut ===
Basically, you need the same tools, as for building the Apache Harmony
components, like Java, Ant, C/C++ compilers, etc. Install the
following software:

1. Java JDK v5
2. Apache Ant
3. Subversion Client
Please see the other parts of the project for information on the
necessary toolchains.
In the first part it says that we need all the tools for normal
Harmony build but the it requires to install only small part of them.

I think that we should remove the short list and provide a link to the
page with the all needed software.

Thoughts?

SY, Alexey

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html