Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Chris Wolf <cw...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/11 22:24:18 UTC

What is the type parameter, 'X' for?

... in this interface?

public interface OpenJPAQuery<X> extends TypedQuery<X>

(an example would be good also)

Thanks,

Chris

Re: What is the type parameter, 'X' for?

Posted by Chris Wolf <cw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Pawel,

Yes, I normally try to stick with just javax.persistence API, but I wanted
to force fetching entire object graph and I thought eager fetching would do
that, as shown here:

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.3/apache-openjpa-1.0.3/docs/manual/ref_guide_perfpack_eager.html

Example 5.23, but it didn't work...  (I still had to iterate over
relationship Lists to provoke fetching of related entities)

Thanks,

   -Chris

Posted by Pawel Veselov <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
<X> is the query result type.

TypedQuery<Customer> q = em.createQuery("Select c FROM Customer c" ,
Customer.class);

Thanks,
Rick

--