Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/05 20:31:45 UTC

Missing metrics in any context inheriting from AbstractMetricsContext

Hi,

I've tried using a GraphiteContext I've found in GitHub, but I discovered I
only get a very partial list of metrics.
I've switched to using TimeStampingFileContext and I get the same list:
2013-06-05T18:24:59 hbase.master:
Master=a172-25-98-73.deploy.acme.com,60000,1370455069499,
hostName=a172-25-98-73.deploy.acme.com, cluster_requests=0.0,
splitSize_avg_time=0, splitSize_num_ops=0, splitTime_avg_time=0,
splitTime_num_ops=0

Does someone has any idea where are the rest of the metrics under "hbase"
context name?

This is my hadoop-metrics.properties:

hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics.file.TimeStampingFileContext
hbase.fileName=/tmp/metrics_hbase.log
hbase.period=10

# HBase-specific configuration to reset long-running stats (e.g.
compactions)
# If this variable is left out, then the default is no expiration.
hbase.extendedperiod = 3600
jvm.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContextWithUpdateThread
jvm.period=10
rpc.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContextWithUpdateThread
rpc.period=10

Re: Missing metrics in any context inheriting from AbstractMetricsContext

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
The first I did was to use JConsole to see what is available.
The thing that surprised me is the very small number of metrics exposed by
HBase Master on the "hbase" namespace.
When I hooked up "rpc" namespace and also did the Hadoop-metrics.properties
on the region server I finally saw a large amount of metrics.
So my mistake was enabling the FileTimstamp context class only on the
"hbase" namespace, and only on the Master.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,