Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2005/10/28 17:54:41 UTC

Re: tags limit?

On Oct 28, 2005, at 17:49, Daniel Brown wrote:

Hi,
> Is there a limit to amount of tags a parent tag can hold? I'm
> running into an issue where FOP will generate an infinite number of
> pages and then die if I have too many tags under one parent. If I
> split the tags up into multiple parents, it works fine.
>
> Any ideas on limitations??

Depends a bit on what kind of tags and parents you're talking about.
The exact limitations vary between different scenarios (lots of
tables, graphics, nesting), but generally speaking splitting up the
entire document into a number of fo:page-sequences can mean wonders
qua memory consumption.

Writing your stylesheet such that everything is put together in one
page-sequence is always a Very Bad Idea if you know the resulting FO
is going to be huge.

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas