Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1998/06/28 15:00:30 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES

brian@hyperreal.org wrote:

> brian       98/06/27 10:58:40
>
>   Modified:    src      CHANGES
>   Log:
>   All those who submit code towards a problem, not just the final integrator
>   (despite any amount of rework) should be credited.

True, but:

a) A complete rewrite without reference to the original is not a rework
(not that I begrudge a credit even in that case, however it is not
strictly correct, and requiring a patcher to find and credit all
attempts at fixing a problem is really asking a bit much).

b) You've added Bill for the trailing .s but AFAICR he didn't ever
submit a patch for it, only Alexei did (and, even though I didn't
actually use Alexei's code, I still credited him).

c) You've added Bill for the "all dot directories" problem, but I
thought it was Manoj that contributed the code I didn't use?

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/recruit/

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>.
At 02:00 PM 6/28/98 +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
>brian@hyperreal.org wrote:
>>
>> brian       98/06/27 10:58:40
>>
>>   Modified:    src      CHANGES
>>   Log:
>>   All those who submit code towards a problem, not just the final
integrator
>>   (despite any amount of rework) should be credited.
>
>True, but:
>
>a) A complete rewrite without reference to the original is not a rework
>(not that I begrudge a credit even in that case, however it is not
>strictly correct, and requiring a patcher to find and credit all
>attempts at fixing a problem is really asking a bit much).

I was confusing trailing slashes with trailing dots.  Oops.

>b) You've added Bill for the trailing .s but AFAICR he didn't ever
>submit a patch for it, only Alexei did (and, even though I didn't
>actually use Alexei's code, I still credited him).

Yes, you're right, this is now fixed.  There was a flurry of activity about
this (both on -core and here) and the related bugs so I got confused a bit.

>c) You've added Bill for the "all dot directories" problem, but I
>thought it was Manoj that contributed the code I didn't use?

Yes, right again.  Both these things fixed.

	Brian

pure chewing satisfaction                                  brian@apache.org
                                                        brian@hyperreal.org