Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Vedula Santosh <ve...@accelerite.com> on 2017/10/16 04:39:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Adding License to the jquery file.

Hi All,

I added the jquery.flot.navigate.js file in systemvm/js/ directory for mouse scroll functionality in ajaxviewer.js. I took this jquery.flot.navigate.js file from ui/lib/flot/ directory.

While raising PR, checks were failed because ASF license is not there at the top of the file. But the file is dual licensed with MIT and GPL licenses. For other jquery files which are there in the project, there is no ASF license but an exclude tag is added in pom.xml to those files.

Pom.xml:

Need Suggestion.

* Whether I have to add ASF license on top of those licenses.
* or I have to add exclude tag to jquery.flot.navigate.js file in pom.xml.

PR number is #2240.

Thanks,
Santosh.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: [DISCUSS] Adding License to the jquery file.

Posted by Sudharma Jain <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As jquery.flot.navigate.js doesn't belong to ASF, I don't think it make
sense to add ASF licence header to it. As suggested we can exclude this
through Pom.xml.

Thanks,
Sudharma