Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 王学超 <wa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/17 07:50:42 UTC

An Survey of Hadoop Community

Hello,everyone!
   Our company prepared to stduy hadoop to deal with massive data.
so company sent me to  survey of hadoop community
so there are following questions. please give me some suggestion. thanks
firstly!

1、How active is the community around the software? How many users? Posts in
a given time period?

2、How many committers outside the open source company itself?

3、How many downloads are claimed?

4、How long does it take to get a response if you pose a question?

5、What kind of forum software is used? Login/registration required?

6、What is the nature of people in the community? Integrators? Commercial
users  vs. academic?

7、Who is their typical customer/user ?

8、What are the key use cases?

9、What programming models are supported?

10、Describe the nature of the APIs provided?

11、What is specificed at programming type vs. configured at run-time in
terms of parallelization, environment, etc?

12、What kind of out-of-box samples are packaged with the middleware?

Re: An Survey of Hadoop Community

Posted by 王学超 <wa...@gmail.com>.
oh, thanks,I have googled them,but i still find answer to them, if anybody
konw some of those qustions, please share and give opinions . I'm eager to
it

--
                     此致
敬礼