Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by "Voronov, Dmitry" <dv...@akamai.com> on 2013/08/08 06:46:13 UTC

Oozie with Hadoop 2, Job hangs in ³RUNNING²

I have workflow job with a java action node. Run with Hadoop 2.1.0.2.0.4.0-38 and Oozie 3.3.2.2.0.4.0 When I submit the job I see 2 lines in Hadoop Resource Manager screen. 1. with original job name 2. with Oozie job name.

The task with Oozie job name is hanging in "RUNNING" state The task with original name is in "Accepted" state. All that I see in logs is:

     >>> Invoking Main class now >>>
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat

Thank you

Re: Oozie with Hadoop 2, Job hangs in ³RUNNING²

Posted by Elazar Leibovich <el...@gmail.com>.
Is there a documentation specifying how should the YARN cluster be
configured for running with Oozie? I couldn't easily find one.

Posted by Logan Hardy <lo...@gmail.com>.
You can control for cases where the oozie launcher uses all your task slots
on your cluster by creating a dedicated oozie_launcher queue for on your
jobtracker and then adding the following configuration property to the
offending action is your oozie workflow.

<property>
   <name>oozie.launcher.mapred.job.queue.name</name>
   <value>oozie_launcher</value>
</property>

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--