Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ashish Soni <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/22 01:26:48 UTC

Object Mapping VS Direct Queries

Hi All ,

Please let me know if there are any disadvantages of using Object Mapping
instead of writing direct CQL queries.

Ashish

Re: Object Mapping VS Direct Queries

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
Cons:

- depending on the object mapper and the features, you may (or may not)
have some slight overhead at runtime
- the CQL query may be "hidden" from the developer, though some object
mappers like Achilles has an option to display DML statements in the logs

Pros:
- make your life easier by removing the burden of manual mapping