Posted to users@felix.apache.org by David Cao <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/30 20:08:25 UTC

Encrypt Webconsole user password

Hello there,

Can I set an encrypted password to "felix.webconsole.password" property? if
not, what are my options to encrypt the password (either via config file or
via API)?

Thanks a lot!
David

Re: Encrypt Webconsole user password

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

The Web Console supports hashed passwords where the hash algorithm is prefixed to the based value. The format in EBNF is:

>   HashedPassword = „{„ Algorithm „}“ Hash .
>   Algorithm = // Hash Algorithm such as „SHA-256“
>   Hash = // Base64 encoding of password hashed with the Algorithm

So, the default password of the Web Console is:

> "{sha-256}jGl25bVBBBW96Qi9Te4V37Fnqchz/Eu4qB9vKrRIqRg="

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix