Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2001/03/22 15:17:19 UTC

ping

Anybody out there?

If there are developers currently scrutinizing and beautifying the
Subversion source code, I'd love just a short reply (preferably to the
list, so we can all be aware) saying what portions of the code you're
currently working with.  The CollabNet-commissioned bunch of us are
approaching a milestone of non-negligible importance April 1, and I
think we all could benefit from a quick status check.  At least 3
times in the recent past I've found myself working on stuff at the
same time Yoshiki is working on the same code...I'd like to avoid that
kind of thing as much as possible.

I'll begin.

Currently, I'm working with the filesystem stuffs, specifically
svn_fs_dir_delta, but with an eye on the whole of the FS code.  There
are still several functions therein that don't have adequate bodies
(sorry, { abort(); } just won't cut it!), but I'm approaching those on
a need-to-have basis these days.  Other areas of interest include
bug-hunting (which I'd like to encourage everyone who can spare some
time to be a part of) in the functionality we have thus far (mainly
checkouts and commits from the local RA layer).  Soon to come, a
tighter focus on updates from the RA layer.

Re: ping

Posted by Kevin Pilch-Bisson <ke...@pilch-bisson.net>.
I'm currently on a subversion coding hiatus, although I am still
monitoring the list and keeping my tree current.  After M2, once the
interfaces for libsvn_client stabilize a bit, I plan to begin work on at
least one gui client (KDE), and possibly a Java client in a little
while.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 09:17:19AM -0600, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> Anybody out there?
>
> If there are developers currently scrutinizing and beautifying the
> Subversion source code, I'd love just a short reply (preferably to the
> list, so we can all be aware) saying what portions of the code you're
> currently working with.  The CollabNet-commissioned bunch of us are
> approaching a milestone of non-negligible importance April 1, and I
> think we all could benefit from a quick status check.  At least 3
> times in the recent past I've found myself working on stuff at the
> same time Yoshiki is working on the same code...I'd like to avoid that
> kind of thing as much as possible.
>
> I'll begin.
>
> Currently, I'm working with the filesystem stuffs, specifically
> svn_fs_dir_delta, but with an eye on the whole of the FS code.  There
> are still several functions therein that don't have adequate bodies
> (sorry, { abort(); } just won't cut it!), but I'm approaching those on
> a need-to-have basis these days.  Other areas of interest include
> bug-hunting (which I'd like to encourage everyone who can spare some
> time to be a part of) in the functionality we have thus far (mainly
> checkouts and commits from the local RA layer).  Soon to come, a
> tighter focus on updates from the RA layer.

Kevin Pilch-Bisson                    http://www.pilch-bisson.net
     "Historically speaking, the presences of wheels in Unix
     has never precluded their reinvention." - Larry Wall

Re: ping

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.
I'm currently working on nothing and just reading source
code.  I plan to implement svn_fs_rename this weekend, as no
one seems to be working on it.

I'm interested in some stuff in libsvn_fs/TODO, like:

> We should move as much real content out of the NODE-REVISION skel as
> possible; the skels should be holding only small stuff (node kind,
> flags).

but I think I should wait until M2.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi

Re: ping

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
I'm working on updates; specifically, everything that needs to happen
in libsvn_client, libsvn_wc, and ra_local.  A lot needs to happen. :)

ping

Posted by Lee Burgess <le...@red-bean.com>.
Like Fitz, I am indisposed as long as my job demands my attention.
Moreover, I am away from home and my own system/network connection.  I
should be able to begin serious coding on the client test suite in the
evenings upon my return.

--
Lee P. W. Burgess  <<!>>  Manipulate eternity. Power is a symphony:
Programmer         <<!>>  elaborate, enormous, essential.