Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Xavier Prélat <pr...@wcentric.com> on 2002/09/18 12:48:20 UTC

can't make string taglibs work!

Hi,

I am trying to use string taglibs and I can't get something else than "HTTP
: 500 unhandled expression" while playing with a simple replace tag!

I am using session, datetime and others taglibs, so I did copy jar file into
the server directory, modified web.xml the usual way, is there something I
forgot!

regards

Xavier

RE: can't make string taglibs work!

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Yeah, seems so :)

Could you send your entire test page to the list [by entire, I assume it
only contains the str: tag and the necessary bits at the top. If it's
bigger, try making a simple test one first]?

The other option is to try the samples. If the samples work, then compare
their web.xml and jsp with yours.

http://www.generationjava.com:8013/string-examples/index.html

is an example url of a slightly out of date version running. [it doesn't
have the truncateNicely tag iin it].

So you should just have to place the string-examples.war in your webapps
directory and goto:

http://yourdomain.com:yourport/string-examples/index.html

Let us know how that goes,

Hen