Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves" <ru...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2004/12/21 18:02:00 UTC

problem downloading large text files

Hi all,
I'm having troubles trying to serve large text files. When
the file size grows up to 20Mb the downloaded has 0 bytes!
I cannot find any error message in cocoon or tomcat log files!

The file that I'm trying to download is in the correct location and
has the right permissions. Putting a file with 10Mb things work
fine.

Any idea why this is happening? Cache issue?

Thanks for any help.

Rui

RE: problem downloading large text files

Posted by Stefan Geelen <st...@hotmail.com>.
Rui,

we had the same problem with offering a download to our customers (size: +/-
9 MB).

After some days the download size was also 0.

We solved the problem by
- moving form 2.1.4 to 2.1.6 (new caching system used as of 2.1.5)
- put the caching of for those pipelines that serves the download ( defined
in the sitemap.xmap).

Currently it seems that the problem has been solved.
Regards,

Stefan

Posted by george georgovassilis <ge...@open.gr>.
I've seen this problem. You're probably getting an OutOfMemory error, as
cocoon first tries to load the entire file to memory and then stream it
over the network.

Have a look at this wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ServingLargeFiles

G.

Posted by "Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves" <ru...@ptinovacao.pt>.
Hi Eugene,

Posted by eu...@philips.com.
Hi, Rui!

Check ....\tomcat\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\web.xml. What is your value of
      <param-name>upload-max-size</param-name>?

Eugene

"Rui Alberto L." Gonçalves <ru...@ptinovacao.pt>
2004-12-21 18:02
Please respond to users

        To:     users@cocoon.apache.org
        cc:     (bcc: Eugene Ivanov/EHV/RESEARCH/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        problem downloading large text files