Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Oran Shuster <or...@houzz.com> on 2021/08/09 22:43:21 UTC

Apache/flink 1.13.1 images re-pushed and in arm64 arch?

Our 1.13.1 k8s deployments started failing with
tandard_init_linux.go:228: exec user process caused: exec format error
Not understanding how an old image with an old depoyment starts failing like that i looked at the apache/flink dockerhub page.
Although 1.13.1 was released more than a month ago, all the images (apart from 1.13.1-scala_2.11-java11) were pushed 6 days ago and their architecture changed from linux/amd64 to
linux/arm64

Luckily the "official" flink images (that were also pushed 5-6 days ago) are still amd64 and can be used

Re: Apache/flink 1.13.1 images re-pushed and in arm64 arch?

Posted by Oran Shuster <or...@houzz.com>.
Ah yes, the M1...
There is a way to generate amd64 images on M1 machines
https://blog.jaimyn.dev/how-to-build-multi-architecture-docker-images-on-an-m1-mac/#tldr;

but yeah, the architecture change makes a lot of mistakes in our company as well

As for why i am using the apache/flink repo - there was a fix for a 1.12 bug with k8s HA that wanted to move to fast and the updated images were not available on the regular flink repo. We just stayed there since

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oran and Chesnay,

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oran Shuster <or...@houzz.com>.