Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2014/04/17 00:42:00 UTC

Running unit test cases with Kerberos on

Hi,
I tried to run a test case using this command from my Linux box:
mvn clean test  -PtestKerberos -Dtest=TestJHSSecurity

And I got the following exception. I know it is  related to setup the principal and other kerberos settings.

Can someone please help me  about this? such as what is the mvn command and what other settings are required? Do I need to run my own KDC or provide own keytab?

Regards,
Mohammad

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: failure to login
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:886)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:203)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$5.run(LoginContext.java:721)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$5.run(LoginContext.java:719)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeCreatorPriv(LoginContext.java:718)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:591)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromSubject(UserGroupInformation.java:767)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser(UserGroupInformation.java:744)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser(UserGroupInformation.java:617)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileContext.getFileContext(FileContext.java:432)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileContext.getFileContext(FileContext.java:455)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.tryCreatingHistoryDirs(HistoryFileManager.java:566)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.createHistoryDirs(HistoryFileManager.java:533)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.serviceInit(HistoryFileManager.java:501)
    at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistory.serviceInit(JobHistory.java:94)
    at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
    at org.apache.hadoop.service.CompositeService.serviceInit(CompositeService.java:107)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistoryServer.serviceInit(JobHistoryServer.java:142)
    at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.security.TestJHSSecurity.testDelegationToken(TestJHSSecurity.java:111)

Re: Running unit test cases with Kerberos on

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks everyone for the assistance.

It appeared I kinited as myself in the box. Looks like this confused the test.
I ran the kdestroy and ran the test successfully.

--Mohammad

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:22 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> wrote:

yes it does :)

also, if you are interested in scripts to help you out starting minikdc in standalone mode look at Llama's llama-minikdc module after running a mvn assembly. i dont recall if that made it to hadoop-minikdc (cannot check right now, not at computer)

thx

Alejandro
(phone typing)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.