Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Deon Vermeulen <ve...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/22 23:37:07 UTC

OFBiz for Construction Management

Good Day,

I’ve read through numerous documentation and features, including the Manufacturing in 5 Steps ebook.
OFBiz really looks like a great piece of software, but for the management of the construction process, I’m unclear how one would approach the following:

1) Progress Claims/Payments
2) Change Control in project scope
3) Variations in Materials and Labour

At the moment these are the most important points that came to mind.

Thank you very much for the response.

Kind Regards

Re: OFBiz for Construction Management

Posted by Gavin Mabie <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deon

Or should I say" hi neighbour".  Its good to see that someone from
neighbouring Namibia is exploring Ofbiz.  I think that the Ofbiz Project
Management module might be a good starting point for your requirements.  I
have dropped you a gmail with some further pointers.  By the way -
congratulations on qualifying for the Rugby World Cup.  Go Namibia Go!

Regards

Gavin

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deon,

Are we to understand that your definition of Construction Management is in
line with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construction_management ?

Furthermore, can you elaborate what you mean with Progress Claims?

Explaining a bit more about the requirements you have with respect to your
implementation of OFBiz will help the community understand, and improves
the chance to get the right feedback.

Regards,

Regards?

Pierre Smits