Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2015/01/05 21:13:24 UTC

Joint HBase+Phoenix pow pow on or near January 15th?

Greetings,

Next week I know at least one, probably two, HBase committers not normally
in the Bay Area will be around. We have an HBase meetup at AppDynamics
Thursday the 15th.

I propose we overload this occasion with a pow wow (earlier in the
afternoon?) on issues related to Phoenix's use of HBase private internals.
Relevant JIRA issues include:

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1501 and subtasks: The
   problem and Phoenix side umbrella
   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-12566: An example where
   we've already discussed HRegion. Latest comment on the issue as of this
   email proposes a supportable "Region" interface instead of exposing HRegion
   as LimitedPrivate.

​If having a face to face meeting on these issues seems reasonable to both
communities, and people are available, then I propose we catalog the
​current usage of private-annotated (or not annotated) HBase classes by
Phoenix, where extended or where methods are called, not where simply
passed along. Then go through those cases and discuss alternatives.

In terms of venue, I'm pretty sure I can find room in the Salesforce
offices in downtown SF when/if we settle on a date and time.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Joint HBase+Phoenix pow pow on or near January 15th?

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.
Cool. I'll join remotely as well.

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.