Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Zohar Amir <da...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/13 08:43:50 UTC

message length

Hello,
I'm totally new to JMeter, hence the possibility of making a joke of myself.
I'd like to test a server I have. It uses TCP as a transport protocol, so I
guess I'll be using the TCP sampler.
1. How do I create a test case that is "reactive", meaning that I send
"login" command, wait for the response, analyze the response and then send
some "do" command, based on the login response (e.g., using a session ID
returned in the login response)?
2. The application level protocol requires prepending each message's length
to the message. How do I do that dynamically?

Thanks,
Zohar.

Re: message length

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
See my reply to another query about TCP Sampler. You may need to write
your own client code.

Or of course you could download BeanShell and write it as a BeanShell Sampler.

S.

Re: message length

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.