Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Klotz <pk...@iconet.wn.bawue.de> on 2003/05/21 13:59:36 UTC

whitespace in URL: encodeURL transformer does not encode!

Hi,

I'm obviously producing URLs in my XSL that might contain whitespace,
which does not work as such, so I want to encode the URLs and thought the
easiest way would be to use the encodeURL transformer as the last
transformer in the sitemap. But it seems that the encodeURL trasformer
does not do anything. The URL is still the original one (containing
blanks).

I tried to declare the transformer as specified in the Cococon 2.0.4
documentation (<include-name> and <exclude-name>).
Is there some known problem or am I doing something wrong here?

In the mailing list I read that the encodeURL is used for session encoding
so is it not doing the basic stuff, that is encoding whitespace or illegal
characters at all?

Are there stylesheet techniques that work without extensions that are not
bundled with Cocoon?

BTW, I'm using Cocoon 2.0.4.

Thanks, Peter