Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Nick R. Katsipoulakis" <ka...@cs.pitt.edu> on 2014/07/09 18:27:57 UTC

Apache Spark, Hadoop 2.2.0 without Yarn Integration

Hello,

I am currently learning Apache Spark and I want to see how it integrates
with an existing Hadoop Cluster.

My current Hadoop configuration is version 2.2.0 without Yarn. I have build
Apache Spark (v1.0.0) following the instructions in the README file. Only
setting the SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=1.2.1. Also, I export the HADOOP_CONF_DIR
to point to the configuration directory of Hadoop configuration.

My use-case is the Linear Least Regression MLlib example of Apache Spark
(link:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/mllib-linear-methods.html#linear-least-squares-lasso-and-ridge-regression).
The only difference in the code is that I give the text file to be an HDFS
file.

However, I get a "Runtime Exception: Error in configuring object."

So my question is the following:

Does Spark work with a Hadoop distribution without Yarn?
If yes, am I doing it right? If no, can I build Spark with
SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=2.2.0 and with SPARK_YARN=false?

Thank you,
Nick

Re: Apache Spark, Hadoop 2.2.0 without Yarn Integration

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Compiling with YARN set to true is not required for Spark working with
Hadoop 2.2.0 in standalone mode.

-Sandy

Posted by Moep <ni...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Nick R. Katsipoulakis" <ka...@cs.pitt.edu>.
Krishna,

Ok, thank you. I just wanted to make sure that this can be done.

Cheers,
Nick

Posted by Krishna Sankar <ks...@gmail.com>.
Nick,