Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alexander Sherkin <al...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/14 23:24:50 UTC

multiref deserialization (Axis 1.2RC2)

Hi.

I am having problems deserializing SOAP responses containing multirefs.

Here is the part of the SOAP response that I am trying to deserialize:

<myElement href="#id3"/>

<multiRef id="id3"
   soapenc:root="0"
   xsi:type="xsd:short"
   xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">33</multiRef>

I have a custom deserializer. When I try to parse "<myElement
href="#id3"/>" from the SOAP above, I get "multiRef" for localName
parameter in the onStartElement(…) method of my deserializer. However,
I would expect to get "myElement" for localName parameter.

As I can see, org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializerImpl just replaces
multi-references with their definitions, i.e., it replaces "myElement"
with "multiRef". This is why I am getting "multiRef" instead of
"myElement".

Is this behavior normal? If so, how can I get true localName (i.e.
"myElement") from my derserializer?

Thank you.
Alexander.