Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Vaibhav Patil <va...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/24 14:32:34 UTC

Required some technical inputs for apache Nifi supported features

Hi All,
We have some business requirements  to process Kafka events of object data
model. This processing should depends on external rule base engine. These
rule are very complex and we have complex object data model which coming
from more then 2 types of NoSql Databases.

So I need some inputs :
*1 What is best practice in Nifi to integrate Rule base Engine like Drool
or any open source Rule engine which can be use as inputs to processors ?*
2 Can Nifi integrate with Spring boot / Python application ?
3 Does Nifi support ArangoDb no sql?
4 Does Nifi supports CDC of postgress DB?

I am doing some sample poc for our complex bossiness requirements I am new
to NIFI.
Please provide me some inputs.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Required some technical inputs for apache Nifi supported features

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
1. A rule engine couldn't be used as an input to a processor unless it
matches up to the particular type of input that processor is expect, such
as dropping a file in a place that GetFile is monitoring or adding messages
to a queue that is being watched by one of the various message queue
processors.
2. If you mean that in the sense of a REST method putting data into a NiFi
flow and waiting for a response, then the answer is that it would simply
not be practical.
3. I did some work on the side for an ArangoDB bundle out of curiosity.
It's not an official project. The source can be downloaded here:
https://github.com/MikeThomsen/nifi-arangodb-bundle
  - Fair warning here: it's been a while since I messed around with
ArangoDB, and it's a side project that I only hacked on when I had time.
4. It supports CDC of MySQL and others, but not sure about Postgres at the
moment.

We use NiFi with a lot of our user-facing applications. Where it performs
very well is in allowing complex workflows based on user data that would
not be practical to process in a single REST request. For example, we have
a lot of self-service cases where a user has to bring data, upload it into
the app and then walk away for a while as the data is cleaned up,
deduplicated and massaged into place. It's an entire workflow that can take
anywhere from a minute to an hour, so once the NiFi pipeline is
battle-tested it works beautifully.