Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org> on 2018/12/10 01:38:02 UTC

DRILL-6890. AppVeyorCI for DRILL

Hi all!

Current Drill Tavis build fails because of Travis build time out.
It has two main stages: build without tests and build with tests. To free
up some time we can drop build without tests and put it to AppVeyor CI.
Basically this CI targeted for builds on Windows, but currently Ubuntu
image is also supported there.
Apache Calcite uses this CI for build with tests on Windows.

AppVeyor CI can be enabled for Drill for maven build without tests on
Ubuntu and Windows.

The branch with appveyor.yml config file [1].
This is the result of build with license headers checking (9 min 38 sec for
Ubuntu and 12 min 19 sec for Windows) [2]
This is the ticket for this issue [3].

Once it is fine I will create the ticket for INFRA to enable AppVeyor and
update Drill badges.

[1]
https://github.com/vdiravka/drill/commit/61dadaf5b849aa68fbb69d51b7bd4ef12b8c9e34

[2]  https://ci.appveyor.com/project/vdiravka/drill/builds/20883239